You are here:
Home > Candidates > Get the Perfect CV
As competition for the best Graduate roles becomes ever fiercer, your CV becomes more and more valuable. 1st Place Graduate Recruitment has put together the below hotlist of tips for you to use to ensure that your CV will be at the top of our client’s list to interview.
Get The Perfect CV
Formatting - Our clients see hundreds of CVs a week so we use a 1st Place header on your CV to ensure it stands out. To do this, we need a CV that follows the below requirements:
• Send to 1st Place in a Word Document (EG .doc, docx).
• Remove all complex formatting: text boxes, images, tables etc.
• Use standard text sizes (EG 11 or 12).
• Use standard page borders.
Layout - When our clients look through CVs, they look for specific things. By including the information below we can ensure you will cover all bases.
• Start with a brief Personal Statement/Profile ensuring you state your interest in Sales/Recruitment.
• Then move onto Education. University to Secondary including all results.
• Follow this with Work Experience. List all roles to date; all experience is relevant as a Graduate.
• End with an Extra Curricular section. Detail extra-curricular activities, achievements, awards, active hobbies, relevant interests etc.
• Use a full two pages. No more and no less.
Other - Just some general hints to ensure that your CV is the best it can be. Small mistakes may affect the outcome, so by using the below guidelines we can ensure that your CV is the best it can possibly be.
• Start each section with your most recent experience first, working back chronologically.
• Avoid any time gaps. If you have spent time travelling, job hunting or studying for exams so have abstained from working, for example, put it on your CV with dates in the relevant section.
• Use specific and accurate start and finish dates (or ‘to present’) including month and year.
• Make sure all information is correct and true. In interviews, you will be quizzed on the details.
Once you have done this, send it through to one of the team and we will format it to make it look as good as possible.