Business Development Manager
Sales Specialist within Legal Software
Sector- Technology, Law, Legal, Sales
Location- Central London with International Travel (Remote working)
Salary & Benefits- £38,000 + Commission (OTE £80k)
Job Type- Sales, Business Development, Full-time, Permanent
A fantastic opportunity for a legal tech sales professional with 1 to 2 years experience to work for one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups. They are on a mission to transform the $600bn market for legal services worldwide.
Customers include many of the world’s top law firms, and their software has been used on live transactions in more than 30 countries around the world.
They are regularly featured in prominent industry publications including Forbes, the Financial Times, The Lawyer, Legal Business, LegalWeek, Legal IT Insider and Artificial Lawyer.
You will be responsible for driving their growth by generating new business in the US and UK regions. As time goes on you will have th opportunity to grow your own team.
What you would be doing
You will initially join on a remote basis moving to partial remote working (based in central London) when possible. You will work directly with the Head of Business Development to drive their continued expansion in the UK and US.
You will be responsible for initiating and developing qualified sales leads, arranging and conducting software demonstrations and negotiating and closing contracts with leading law firms headquartered in UK and US.
You will work closely with our engagement, customer success, marketing, support, operations and product teams and must love working in a customer-facing role, thinking of strategies for winning new customers and communicating with a variety of different stakeholders.
You must be comfortable with technology, be an impactful presenter and be confident speaking to senior legal staff, including law firm partners and senior innovation personnel, about how technology can improve the way they work.
- Owning and executing the entire sales pipeline for target customers headquartered in US, UK and APAC, including:
- identifying and contacting key decision makers within target customers;
- arranging and conducting software demonstrations with key decision makers within target customers;
- pushing prospective customers through the sales pipeline;
- negotiating and finalising contracts with prospective customers; and
- handing over signed customers to our engagement and customer success team.
- Maintaining up-to-date information on prospective customers and key contacts in the CRM system.
- Providing relevant team members with the feedback you have gained from talking to prospective customers.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the product and use cases.
- Assisting with the development of BD resources and materials including presentation decks, tear sheets and other collateral.
- Assisting with the development and refinement of BD processes.
- Becoming support qualified and assisting with aspects of customer support.
- Occasional travel will be required (domestic and international).
What we need from you:
- 1 to 2 years experience working in B2B SaaS sales, ideally within the legal industry;
- A right to work in the UK (unfortunately, we are not in a position to support visa sponsorship at this stage);
- An ability to work from the London office once or twice a week for team meetings etc.;
- To be passionate about legal technology and its potential to transform the way lawyers work;
- To be capable of speaking intelligently and confidently to senior management, including law firm partners and senior innovation personnel;
- To have high standards of integrity and trust;
- To be self-motivated and able manage your workload with limited oversight;
- To have strong communication, listening, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- An enthusiasm and willingness to learn in a dynamic and rapidly changing scale-up environment;
- To be a team player who enjoys working with others and thinking cross-functionally about how their actions will impact other teams and how we can improve cross-team alignment; and
- Familiarity with CRM and support software systems.
The following is desirable but not essential:
- Exposure to legal practice or law firms (for example, through an internship or previous employment);
- Experience working in a start-up or scale-up, ideally within LegalTech;
- Experience using the HubSpot CRM; and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace products, in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Google Sheets.