Graduate Media Account Manager
Sector: Online brand management
Salary: £25,000 basic + Commission (Expected 1st year earnings £50,000)
A leading media agency with a mission to transform the online presence of a brand is looking to grow its team of Partnership Managers to work out of their Central London offices.
They produce media content for some of the best known brands across the food and drink sector and promote this across clients and their own channels. Their channels provide exposure top over 3 million followers across social media. The travel sector is also a massively growing area for them.
Who they are
They are a London-based media company that specialise in data driven creative, transforming brand growth by building audiences and communities through the power of engaging branded content. Currently engaging with over 3 million followers on their own media channels.
With a fully integrated team of creatives, strategists, analysts, media planners and a production house, they ensure every decision is data driven and people centric, with an intimate understanding of real world experience and how to offer people a genuine value exchange.
Their office is a home from which you can learn, grow, and make a difference.
The ideal candidate to join their team will be a naturally outgoing and sociable individual, able to take responsibility for selling advertising space and time on their owned channels.
An excellent telephone manner is essential for this role, as are written and oral communication skills. You must possess or develop the ability to persuade clients of the merits of buying advertising space. You will have good negotiation skills and the ability to respond effectively to any objections, as well as discussing pricing costs and negotiating fees. You should be persistent, resilient, and able to handle pressure, while ensuring that you are a good listener who is perceptive to clients’ needs. You should have a good awareness of targets and revenue and have strong self-discipline and attention to detail.
• Persuading clients to buy advertising space or time
• Discovering who controls the advertising budget in target organisations and contacting them
• Explaining the benefits of your medium, using statistics on readership or viewing figures
• Offering a price and negotiating around it
• Closing the deal and recording the details
• Contacting potential clients to describe advertising opportunities (through a combination of cold calling over the phone, emailing, and in person at presentations, meetings and business lunches or dinners)
• Contacting existing clients to arrange bookings and content creation they have agreed on and ensuring an ongoing relationship
• Researching client needs and explaining the benefits of buying advertising space, responding to any objections
• Explaining pricing costs to potential clients and negotiate a fee if necessary
• Account managing existing clients to ensure their needs are satisfied and they are happy with the service
• Working with the production team to ensure that agreed advertisements are carried in the right place and at the right time
• Tracking bookings and keeping record of sales, contacts, and deals
• Attending industry events, exhibitions, and conferences, meeting potential and existing clients
• Working to maximise sales and meet targets
• Delivering sales reports to management
• Communication skills
• A good telephone manner
• Persuasive ability
• Confidence and an outgoing personality
• The ability to build relationships with customers
• Diplomacy and patience
• The ability to work under pressure and meet targets
• Be good with numbers
• A real interest in media sales
- We are happy to accept applications from graduates in any discipline.
• Great company culture
• Office in with drinks fridge, games and outdoor terrace in the summer
• Flexible working hours
• 2 x Work from home days a week
• 25 days holiday
• Twice a year team away days
• Your birthday off after 1 year
• Cycle to work scheme
• Summer Fridays (finish at 3pm on Fridays in June, July, August)